Tickets on sale now at
The Magic Flute
Did you know that ticket sales cover only about one-third of our production costs?
Your donations help us ensure that opera in Saskatoon remains affordable and available to all. Won’t you please consider making a donation to Saskatoon Opera today?
Donations may be made by Visa, Mastercard or cheque. Cheques can be mailed to Saskatoon Opera, PO Box 25114, River Heights RPO, Saskatoon, SK. S7K 8B7.
Season Presenting Sponsor
Saskatoon Opera presents
Saskatoon Opera in Schools Tour 2014
The Brothers Grimm
by Dean Burry
Saskatoon Opera in Schools presents The Brothers Grimm, a 45-minute opera by Canadian composer, Dean Burry. Follow the Grimm brothers as they and their friends tell three of the famous fairy tales, Rapunzel, Little Red Riding Hood and Rumpelstiltskin. The cast of five singers and piano accompanist also give a short Question and Answer after the show. The Brothers Grimm was commissioned by the Canadian Opera Company and premiered in 2001. It is the most successful Canadian opera ever written and has been performed across North America.
Since 2001, Saskatoon Opera in Schools has performed for thousands of elementary and high school students in Saskatoon and communities in central Saskatchewan introducing young audiences to the exciting art form of opera. Our performers are the next generation of opera stars, many of whom are native to Saskatchewan.
|Tour Dates||May 5 – May 16, 2013|
Saskatoon Opera in Schools gratefully acknowledges the support of the Saskatoon Community Foundation and sponsorship of the Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan.
“As a school administrator, and on behalf of our students, I am so grateful that Saskatoon Opera in the Schools provided an opportunity for the arts to be opened up to our students in this way.” – Doug Boyd, principal, Caswell School, May 2012
Dates and locations for 2013-2014 season to be announced.
Performance dates and ticket prices
for the 2013-2014 season coming soon!
Tickets available at:
Remai Arts Centre Box Office
100 Spadina Crescent East
Sponsorship Marketing is the modern day version of the age-old concept of sponsorship. In the old days, sponsorship was a benevolent gesture shown by good corporate citizens. Today it is much more. By applying modern day thinking to an old school concept, sponsorship has been transformed into a dynamic and effective communications and public relations tool that is targeted at an audience you need to reach with the messages you need to deliver.
Purchasing a sponsorship marketing package for the right event or project can easily be one of the most effective tools in your communications toolbox. When developed properly, your package can:
- Deliver important messages to targeted audiences in creative and experiential ways that will form memorable impressions and keep your company top of mind.
- Bring you face to face with your target audience in effective two-way interaction
- Provide you with unique opportunities for client hosting and appreciation
- Drive sales of products and services.
Rights and Benefits
All sponsors receive the following benefits:
- Positioning in order of investment
- Name or logo online at www.saskatoonopera.ca
- Name or logo in program book
- Complimentary Tickets and purchase discounts
- Invitations to special events
Sponsorship components in the top three levels of sponsorship may also include:
- Name or logo in print advertising
- Name or logo on collateral material (print deadlines in affect)
- Verbal recognition at all events
- Name/logo on media releases
- Right to run contests or promotions
- Exclusivity is negotiable
- On site Corporate Signage
For positioning purposes throughout the opera’s physical presence, activities and accompanying communications, there are currently four levels of sponsorship. The higher the positioning, the more public recognition you will receive. Other rights and benefits will also increase commensurate with amount of sponsorship.
Season Presenting Sponsor2013-2014 Season Presented by “Your Name”
Production Sponsors$10,000 - $30,000
Performance Sponsor$5,000 - $7,500
Opera in the Schools$7,500
Special Event Sponsor$3,500 - $5,000
Patron Sponsor$1,000 - $2,499
Receive our email newsletter
- We use appropriate security measures to protect data on our system.
- We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law.
- Your personal information is only available to employees managing this information and only for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails regarding Saskatoon Opera events or business. Contracted service providers may work with employees to provide services relating to our communications with you.
Our email marketing is permission based. If you receive a mailing from us, it is because you have provided us with your email for the purpose of receiving information in the future. We respect your time and attention by limiting our mailings to Saskatoon Opera events and business.
If you believe you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to Privacy for review.
Each email you receive contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us, or to change your expressed interests. If you wish to do this, simply follow the links at the end of any email.
Sign up and keep informed as we develop each production! We will let you know of special events and upcoming performances.
Do you have any questions or feedback?
Let us know what you think!
PO Box 25114, River Heights RPO
Saskatoon, SK. S7K 8B7
Policy Regarding Privacy
Approved at a meeting of the Board – March 13, 2010
Saskatoon Opera, through its Board Members, staff, and volunteers, and its Policy Regarding Confidentiality, is committed to protecting the privacy of our patrons and donors.
- to insure the privacy of patron’s and donor’s personal information.
- to communicate this policy to all Saskatoon Opera stakeholders, including patrons, donors, staff, volunteers, and partners.
- A “patron” is any person who has provided Saskatoon Opera with their personal contact information in whatever way and for whatever reason (including volunteers).
- A “partner” is a third-party person or agency who has collected personal information on behalf of Saskatoon Opera (e.g., Remai Arts Centre Box Office).
STATEMENT OF POLICY:
Saskatoon Opera recognizes both the right of individuals to protect their personal information and the need of Saskatoon Opera to collect and use personal information for the purpose of supporting its mission. Saskatoon Opera also recognizes the right of individuals to gain access to the personal information gathered and to ask for that information to be corrected if it is incorrect or incomplete.
Saskatoon Opera collects personal information in the course of supporting its mission and completing business transactions. Such information may include an individual’s contact information, preferences, and interests, as well as any information required by law. Every effort is made to maintain an accurate database and to update it as new information is available.
Saskatoon Opera uses patron and donor information to support its mission, conduct business with patrons, communicate with patrons, anticipate and respond to patron preferences, develop new programs, and meet legal and regulatory requirements. Personal information will be used only for the purposes for which it was collected, or with the consent of the individual, or as required or allowed by law.
Saskatoon Opera does not trade or sell phone numbers or email addresses to any other business or organization. We do not rent or sell our mailing lists to commercial businesses.
Personal information will be retained and disposed of in a manner which provides reasonable security against unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. Personal information will be retained only so long as necessary to fulfill the uses stated above or as required by law.
Consent to collect, retain and use personal patron and donor information is implicit when patrons provide such information. Patrons have the right to provide only the personal information reasonably required to conduct their chosen transaction with Saskatoon Opera. Patrons may at any time limit or alter their consent for Saskatoon Opera to collect, use, or retain personal information. Patrons may also review and/or correct their personal information at any time. Changes will be made in a timely fashion.
To contact Saskatoon Opera about privacy of information concerns, contact the General Manager at Privacy.